$4 pizzas and Zumba

So I tried Zumba for the first time. I'm trying anything these days, anything to get me moving. It was a bunch of random salsa/cumbia moves, interspersed with random other ethnic dances, like Bollywood and bellydance. It was like ethnic dance lite, aerobics style. It was fun though, good to move around after 9 hours of class. It really made me miss LA- Achinta's Bollywood class on Wednesday nights, and Carlos from the bay area teaching samba and Afro-Brazilian... I was kind of sad leaving class, I have to admit. There's nothing like the real thing, and I have been spoiled for dance in my lifetime.

Walking home from the dance class took me through part of the Adelaide Botanical gardens. They are so beautiful, I'm going to explore them soon. There were some birds in the trees, making noises exactly like you'd expect to hear from a jungle movie soundtrack, or in Disneyland on the Jungle Cruise ride. Loved it!

Met up with Phil on the way home, he had come into town to see a comedy show. There's a big event going on for a few weeks called the Fringe. There's all kinds of performing and visual arts throughout town right now. Walking home we stopped to check out a rockabilly band, but they needed a little more practice. Maybe this weekend I'll try to find a really good show.

Home is about 2 km from school, so it's really not a bad walk. Saves on bus tickets too. And helps burn off the calories from the $4 pizza we got for dinner because we were too tired and too late to even think of making dinner. Yeah, not the most healthy or tasty of meals I've had in Aus. I do really get a kick out of how close everything is though, and how we can walk home from town.