Friday, February 26, 2010

the week crawls by

Well I'm healing the best I can- trying to make sure I'm eating healthy (quinoa, kale and sardines!), drinking lots of water, not moving around as much as I can (that's difficult!)... but actually i can't heal too much just yet because surgery is next week.

I was really cranky yesterday, and it was really painful. I guess it's a part of the healing process. All together I really woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Today it's still painful but my spirits are better.

It must be the stages of loss. Shock, denial, anger, grief, acceptance. In no particular order, and parts can repeat itself.

Hopefully I'll be able to schedule surgery for Tuesday, the earliest date possible. From there on out I can just heal.

I'm trying to decide whether or not I should take the vicodin... I was able to get by without it on Wednesday- been trying to handle the pain, but after a while it gets old. Yesterday I just took one. The splint is so heavy it pulls on my foot and that makes it hurt more than anything. That combined with the rush of blood when I put the foot down.

Well soon it'll be over, just another type of adventure under my belt. I'll tell this story when I'm on top of Mount Kilimanjaro, and it'll be like a battle wound!

For now I'm just happy that I have a great little spot to hang out in, my mom comes to take care of me, and I have friends to check on me as well. I'm very happy.

No comments: