Looking ahead

When you have an injury, it doesn't matter how bad it is.

You still have to recover from it. You have to make do with what you've got and go from there. You can't look at it and despair. You can't imagine what the future is going to be like. You can't look away from wellwishers and reply bitterly to their hopeful predictions. You can't predict the worst, you can't even pretend to agree and inside be bitter. You have to REALLY BELIEVE that EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY.

And guess what. It will. It really will. There is no other outcome. EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY.

And once I got over that, it was ok.

I'm torn up inside, just on the border of that feeling-sorry-for-myself feeling, about to jump headfirst into the overflowing well of tears. I know what I'm about to face, but if I look up at it like its an unsurmountable wall, there will be no way I'll get over it. Once you visualize that wall, it'll never come down. There is no wall. There is just an ever flowing river of opportunity.