Wednesday, September 30, 2009

30 september

It's my birthday!

It's the day that always made me hold my breath just a little bit, in expectation of what goodies lay in wait...
A day for surprises, friends, family, birthday cake and everybody singing for you!
It's the ultimate in ego-satisfying self-gratification, excusable and unashamed!

September 30th- the day I made my mom a mother, the day I waited for all year, and it was always over so quick.

It's a day of fall colors, of school beginning, it feels as much a part of my identity as my name...

And it's today!

It doesn't matter what I did, or what I'm doing... What matter is where I am and where I'm going... Does that make sense? What I mean is, I worked today, and I'm fulfilling obligations I made in accordance with my plans and beliefs, which means I am not necessarily engaging in a hedonistic release of all responsibility, just because today is my birthday. Which is to say, I am completely happy with the choices I've made, and the obligations I've chosen to saddle myself with, and to be able to perform them all on my birthday is a delicious honor. I am so lucky to have these options, to have the freedom to work, to live, and to spend EVERY day as if it were my birthday...

No comments: